Last updated: June 17, 2018
Looking.nz (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the //www.looking.nz website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
You acknowledge and agree that we may collect information about you. This may be:
- provided by you;
- obtained or derived from Property usage information (whether through tracking your click behaviour or otherwise);
- obtained or derived from aggregated data not relating to you personally, such as the measuring of traffic relating to our Properties; and/or
- provided by third parties.
At times, if you do not provide certain information, we may not be able to provide services to you and/or certain functionality on the Properties may not be available.
Use and sharing of information
We collect and use your information to:
- generally operate our business;
- provide you and others with, and improve, our Properties, products and services;
- inform you about our Properties, products and services, and any changes thereof;
- administer our contests, promotions, surveys and other services;
- obtain your feedback or views about our Properties, products and services;
- respond to any queries, feedback or other correspondence from you;
- gain an understanding of your needs;
- prevent and detect any misuse of, or fraudulent activities involving, any of our Properties, products or services; and/or
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Personal information may be shared with our officers, employees, contractors, agents, professional advisors, our related companies, and third parties (including our customers, suppliers or commercial partners) in relation to the purposes described above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that any third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
We may also share your personal information as required by law, court order, regulatory authority or the listing rules of any stock exchange, to exercise our legal rights, in the event of a dispute or legal claim, and to defend against legal proceedings (threatened or actual).
We collect and use non-personal information to:
- provide our customers or suppliers with marketing or promotional materials regarding our products and services; and/or
- assist our staff in providing tailored sales offers to our customers.
Accessing and correcting personal information
Under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold in relation to you as an individual. There are certain grounds on which we may refuse access or correction requests (for example, where such information cannot be readily retrieved), and we reserve the right to require payment of our reasonable costs in relation to the access to and correction of your personal information.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, you accept that we may require you to verify your identity before we can give you access to, or change, your personal information.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, postal address, other information (“Personal Information”).
We collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
We use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a Children under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.